Monday, June 17, 2013

be still...winter days











 
1| winter sky and glowing leaves, only a few left now.
 
2| our spikey cactus plant thingy has flowered for the first time ever and that thing is huge!!...at least 15 feet high...and appeared overnight...kinda creepy.
 
3| all my favourite colours!
 
4&5| my flower child...she thinks tinkerbell is in every flower so they all get torn apart with her screeching for the fairy to come out pleeeaaasse!.
 
6| our view across to town...it shows us something different everyday.
 
7&8| winter sunrises...I see way too many of these. I remember as a kid my dad always telling me its the best time of day...blow me down he`s right you know.
 
9&10| morning tea at nannas house...yes its always served like this. I made the lemon syrup cake. I burnt the sides but I believe it could pass as being caramelised. was yum with ice cream!
 
11| sharing (kind of) marshmallows with Pa and dolly. Pa hates them but dutifully eats them...best Pa ever!
 
 
sharing with new mamma Em

hope you are all staying warm or for my pals in blighty, hope your kickin it up in the sunshine!

Al xx

18 comments:

  1. YUMMM...lemon syrup cake....loving the tea cosy!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures, I love autumn leaves and tea coses xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos, as always. I love the part about Pa hating marshmallows but eating them anyway. We grandparents are so lucky to have little ones who want to feed us and drag us around by the hand and climb all over us. Eating marshmallows is a small price to pay, I say! I bet Pa agrees. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanna go to Nanna's house for morning tea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhhhhh these are gorgeous! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. abnsolutely lovely photos al. amazing skies, and i love the colours in the tea table shot, like i'm looking at it through pink tinted glasses x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the slightly burnt cake sides definitely passes for caramelisation, love your shots of the morning skies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too much to love here Al, the sky, the plant life, the tea cosy and caramelised cake! But that photo of Miss Frankie and her Pa is just beautiful, love it all xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that is doing morning tea properly ... just like in the good old days :0)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. wowsers i love this! it's so pink and gorgeous That tea cosy is to die for as is the sunset and the beauty of your little girl! I have a girl here who hollers for fairies as well! now my bff....guess what...i decided to turn shiny t tuesday into a fashion linkup every week and now i am pooping my pants incase nobody shows up to play! Now don't blow a gasket and i know you don't normally do fashion posts....can you see where i'm going yet?and yes i do realise at this point in this comment you have started to snort and exclaim out loud so just settle down in the back and stay with me! ....but i am setting prompts and the first prompt for next Tuesday is 'when patterns speak' and I bet you look awesome in a nice bit of pattern and seen as I am still in stalker mode here with nowhere near enough posts to land on as yet it may be time for you to branch out in a new blogging direction....can you see it....its a new path labelled fashion...its a path to my place for a little linky party! come on!! don't stand me up! gooooo ooooon! weekly linkups with each other....goooo oooon! You know you want to really! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bahaha...flippin heck love...me in pattern??!! gawd!...twist me arm then xxx

      Delete
  11. Sunset and coordinating tea cosy.....fab! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The sunsets are gorgeous this time of year, aren't they? That cake looks delish. Didn't notice any burny bits, only caramelising:) LOL Happy wintery days xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, Al (Leibovitz) you've done it again - so many fab pics over the past week or so. Can't decide which are my favs, but those two with the smiling brown eyes always make my heart skip a beat or three.
    The tea cosy is the prettiest I've ever seen "in all me born days". What a sweet pretty creature!
    Have much envy of those Grandies being able to see their delightful grandchildren so often.
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  14. What beautiful winter shots, Allison! :) Those sunsets are just amazing! Love the look of that lemon syrup cake too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, those sunsets are spectacular! Morning tea looks splendid served that way. How lovely! We get quite a similar treat when we go for afternoon tea with great grandma, but it's coffee in these parts :) Your cake looks marvellous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the pink clouds! Winter looks so spectacular through your lenses.

    ReplyDelete

go on....comment!...you know you want to!..x