well hello.....
whats happening?....
I for one cannot believe it has been so long between posts....it really was not my intention to abandon this space for so long.
what can I say?...theres been some goings on around here
a lot of goings on...
we are all well...we are all in one piece
the dynamic however has changed ever so slightly....
my last post was in Feb....and im having trouble casting my mind back to what life was like then??....dramatic?...maybe...but true.
lets see....
# 14 year relationship with Nicole ended
# boy child turned 8
# girl child turned 4
# mystery gastrointestinal illness that has baffled even the most medical of minds
# mother decides a heart attack would add to the spice of life....recovered well ...phew!
and oh you know a handful of mixed life delights all sprinkled over the top!!
just a few snippets to try and fill in the missing months...
yep im a single woman again!!....fucking hell!
Im great...shes great...the kids are great.
thanks to all of you who have contacted me with concerns as to where the friggin hell ive been.
its quite hard to explain....the need to be completely shut off from everyone and everything.
dramatic?...maybe....but true!
Am I back in the saddle?
god I hope so....am starting to get rather bored with myself....ive got so bloody much catching up to do....so many posts to read.....so much love to return.
and guess what???.....there has been no op shopping for about 6 months....nuddah!
that will give you a picture of my head space!
ive culled mountains of stuff....decluttered the clutter....purged....cleansed.
oh it feels good!
ive shed the kilos....about 15 actually!
and hasn't that put a jig in my step let me tell you!
more than a jig....
ive booked a xmas trip to the UK!!
well some say I do have a flare for the dramatics!....maybe.....yep true!
Lets see what spring will bring??
Al x
the below shot is of Frankie at ballet class...
that's her...head down bum up!
it pretty much sums up our lives over the past few months!
x

I remember what it was like to suddenly find myself a single mom, so I understand your need to have some time to regroup, get your head on straight again and settle into your "new" life. I hope you're back with us to stay now. I missed you and those adorable kids of yours!
ReplyDeleteI wondered where you have been??? Hope you are smiling lady! UK at Christmas will be amazing. Take care and looking forward to reading about your new journey. xoxo
ReplyDeleteOh no ... sounds like it's been a rough year ... I really hope things are all on the up now .... and I'M SO HAPPY you've returned to this space :0)
ReplyDeletexx
Oh sweet love, how I have been thinking of you and worrying about you. I have treasures here that have been sitting tightly for you. Now I hear of purging. Sometimes we just need to huh, to help the cleanse and new cycle and season of life. I'm sorry there has been so much going on, I hope you're getting your groove back. By the way keep the flare for dramatics.......I like that. Sending you lots of hugs of delicious love. X
ReplyDeleteAl it's great to have you back. I've often thought of you, usually when op-shopping.
ReplyDeleteA big sort out/cleanse is on the cards here. With a likely move at the end of the year the thought of having to fill all those boxes and then empty them again is too much so some stuff just has to go.
x
Dude!
ReplyDeleteWhoa!
yep!
Deletefaaaark!
Oh Al that totally sucks about you and Nic
ReplyDeleteAll I can think of to say at the mo is "onwards and upwards maaaaate! And that I really hope you and the kids are okay.
I've missed you Al. I'm so glad you're back. I wish you had happier news to share but I'll take you any way you come because you're a top chick. Take care xxx
your tops too buddy x
DeleteWow. Ally. That sounds really rough. I hope your looking after yourself. Take care. xxx
ReplyDeleteps Frankie in ballet is too cute!
DeleteLove that photo of Frankie at ballet - too cute! Sounds like you've been through a rough time. Hope things get better for you soon. But you sounds upbeat and positive still...and that's a really great thing.
ReplyDeleteOh wow, what a rollercoaster, Allison. Of course you needed time away to deal with all this, although it's great to see you back. So sorry about your break-up and the illness, but you know, you sound pretty chipper now you're through the worst, so good for you.
ReplyDeleteFrankie's head down arse up approach to ballet is brilliant!
The UK at Christmas? Where are you staying/visiting? xxx
Manchester Curtise....Hazel Grove to be exact....within cooee of you??? x
DeleteWhen the shit hits the fan, there is a lot of cleaning up to do! What can I say!
ReplyDeleteSo pleased to hear you and yours are good now, a holiday in the UK sounds just the ticket! Glad your back. I've missed your sweet face!
Ps I want to do ballet like that! xx
you can do ballet like that my dear.....anytime you bloody well want! x ( curtains drawn maybe??)
DeleteOh so lovely to see you back here, Al. So sorry to hear of your really hard times. What a difficult year it's been for you. hoping all really is Ok now. Look forward to seeing more posts from you really soon :) x
ReplyDeleteHi Al, WOWSERS!!! Much love your way. I hope you are all feeling much better & feeling happy. Niki
ReplyDeleteOh, WOW!! Welcome back dear Al xx
ReplyDeleteI haven't even read your blog post yet, just so excited to see the notification pop up when I checked my blog roll after a week's absence. You've made my day. Now off to make a sanga (cold lamb and lotsa tomato sauce) and enjoy reading your news by the fire. As I said, WOW, so good to have you back.
Fuck!!!!! and then Shit!!!!! and the UK!!!!!!! and then BRING IT ON!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ReplyDeletehehe I love you x
DeleteSo pleased to see you back Al, and that cute ballerina too! Sorry to hear that you've been having a rough time, hope things are getting better and that you and your lovely kids are well. Sending you lots of love from here on the hill, we've missed you! xx
ReplyDeletethanx kell....did you get my email?....yep finally sent one ;) x
DeleteI did wonder where you had gone. That photo of Frankie is an inspiration!
ReplyDeleteFrig-a-dig!!!! So sorry to hear you've been through the freakin wringer, but look out world, here comes the new slimmer Al. You get out there and bring it on. Mwah! Mwah! Mwah!
ReplyDeleteMy goodness, such a lot to work through- no wonder you haven't been in this space & you're 15 kilos lighter. Take care x
ReplyDeleteHey!
ReplyDeleteI wish you'd come back to blogging - you were so good at it.
Miss seeing you around.